Plate and mat honoring women(left) - Eleanor, Quiet No More, scene from play(center) - Henry's Freedom Box, Evening Health Fair - Monster Health Book(right)
Criterion for Selection of One Book One School One Community
Book Selections for K-Fifth Grades
- Books must have strong illustrations to support the learning of younger children.
- Books must be excellent examples of strong writing.
- Books must have content that can be understood on a simple level by younger children, and can also be researched and studied in greater depth and complexity by older children.
- Books must be affordable in large quantities. Paperbacks are a great choice.
- Book topics must be relevant to the lives of the students and their families.
- Book topics must connect to core curriculum standards for seamless integration